Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Fest-ivus for the rest of us

Apparently, every organization in NJ was having some kind of fest this weekend. And we tried our best to enjoy them all. Our little town had a small fair for local businesses which was great for getting coupons and free bubbles and balloons for Gianna. Then Doug and his parents braved the freak fest, I mean Renaissance festival, while Gianna and I napped. Whew, I'm sorry I missed that one (note the sarcasm). Though, I guess the turkey legs were delicious. (Hope I haven't caused too much offense about renaissance festivals, they're just NOT my thing.) But the highlight for us all was the food and music fest that was the Greek festival at a local church. The food was delicious and plentiful and Gianna had the time of her life dancing to the Greek music. And we all had a great time watching her. Hope you enjoy it too!


We had a great weekend with Nonna and Pop-pop. Here are a few pictures of Gianna with them that also feature her gift from them, the DVD (DBDB as Gianna calls it) of Disney's Jungle Book. She can't stop talking about it and loves the DVD cover almost as much as the movie! She loves to name the characters and to discuss the elephants. I hope we can avoid watching it daily, but it will be hard to ignore her adorable requests!





Finally, on a silly note, Gianna loves to wear goggles as an accessory, usually like a necklace. But yesterday she wanted to wear them for real. This was the most ridiculous picture, by far, which makes it totally blog-worthy.



3 comments:

Kate said...

I love watching her dance! She's adorable! The goggle picture is great. We have some like that of the girls, they crack me up!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness that is a silly picture at the bottom. Of course Isabella loved watching her dance. Where did she get that adorable dress/top? So cute!

Isabella also loved the appearance of "pop-pop" and "uh-uh" in the pictures.

Nancy said...

Hilarious dancing. Love the dress, very dance-worthy. Goggle-girl, what a hoot!! You're a great blogger