Friday, April 1, 2016

Irish Step Dancing

In September, Gianna started learning Irish step dancing. She was inspired by our babysitter, a local high school junior. Gianna absolutely loves it and basically step dances her way around the house and even around school from what I hear. It's been fun from the beginning, but recently we've gotten to experience first performances. She started with performing for a senior citizens party. The older girls were so sweet and encouraging and Gianna did great! I was so proud. She was the youngest and smallest dancer there, so I think the older folks thought she was especially cute...which, of course, she was.


Then, the real fun began, and G competed in her first Feis (pronounced "fesh"), which are Irish dance competitions. She looked so beautiful and did so well, I could help but be so proud.  She even got a bronze medal for one of her dances. We got the wig and tiara from our babysitter, I'll admit I was skeptical of it looking good, but how adorable is she? And the babysitter was even there to cheer her on. It was a super fun intro to Feis-world!


And here's a video of some practice at home. Joe also claims to be an expert.



1 comment:

Cristina said...

Ah! She's so adorable!