Sunday, February 28, 2016

Disney Day 5: Magic Kingdom, revisited

More characters at the hotel breakfast. Chip and Dale were both so cute! They almost got Joe to like them. Then it was back to Magic Kingdom for our last day. This was Sunday of President's day weekend, and Valentine's day. We expected big crowds so we went super early and planned to be done by the afternoon. It was definitely more crowded, but our plan helped I think.

This Toy Story ride was finally open after being closed for a while. Luckily we had fast passes to do it first thing.

The sun was so bright it was hard to get a good picture in front of the castle. But at least we got a shot.

Our next fast pass was for Jungle Cruise and then we hopped on Aladdin's magic carpets at Joe's request. He loved it. 


We had fast passes for Splash Mountain next. Joe was too little so he posed while we waited for everyone else. Then I rode it alone. 

After lunch I summoned all my strength to ride the teacups with all the kids. It would be an understatement to say this ride (or anything spinning for that matter) is not my favorite. But it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought and the kids loved it. Joe couldn't stop talking about the dormouse who pops out of the teapot.



Finally we rode the carousel and then it was time to say goodbye to the parks. 



The kids got one more chance to swim before going home the next morning. 


I was definitely sad to see our vacation come to an end. We had so much fun! The trip home not as smooth as our arrival. The storm hitting the northeast delayed our flight by a couple of hours. It was definitely not fun, but the kids were good sports and we were happy to get home and not be stuck in some airport hotel for another night. But landing in a driving snow was definitely a little scary and the passengers all clapped on landing. The drive home from the airport was also harrowing, but we made it! And a delay from school the next morning helped us ease back into real life! It was truly a lovely trip and I have a beloved souvenir as a reminder. I mean, really, is this not the cutest mug?

No comments: