Thursday, August 15, 2013

Vacation at the lake

We had to return Julia to her parents :( but at least we got to spend another week with her (and the rest of her family) at the lake. This was our second year there. We rented a different, larger, better house that was just lovely. Tons of space (more than our real house probably) and air conditioning and a washer and dryer (the most amazing part).

Here is Doug kayaking with Gianna. It's so peaceful. Next time I go there without an infant, I plan on doing that more.



There were many rides on Mary and Randy's motor boat. This was probably Mark's favorite part of the vacation!







Rocco was great entertainment for the big kids (and our niece and nephew who came for a day and a half). From boat rides to playing games, he was their own personal camp counselor. He was awesome! Doug and I were glad he was there...it meant more down time for us!
 









My parents came up for a couple days too.




This is the back of our house. Our room and the living room had doors to the deck.


This was our campfire area. Wait, forget the boat rides, s'mores were the kids favorite part of the vacation. And we ate a LOT of them! 


A rainy day is the perfect excuse to make the short drive up to Binghamton to visit Doug's grandparents, Great-Grandpa Ray and Great-Grandma Betty.  I think Joe and Great-Grandpa liked eachother :)
 
 

And Doug's Grandma DeAngelo even made it to the lake and got to meet Joe for the first time. She very sadly passed away in September. We are so glad we got to see her one last time and that she got to meet her 10th great-grandchild. 


Back at the lake, Doug and I practiced quoits...a lot. I'm happy to say that I actually got pretty good. Even Joe got in on the action sometimes.



Gianna watched her cousin ride the "hot dog" with Julia early in the week, but was too scared to go herself. Finally in the last 30 minutes of our vacation (I am not exaggerating), she mustered the courage to do it. She was so delighted and we were proud too!
 
 
 
Until next time, Lake! And thanks to Uncle Randy and Aunt Mary for making it extra fun!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cristina said...

That last picture is great! And I'm super jealous of your vacation!