Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June summary

Joe started smiling regularly in June. The kids love to make him smile! Gianna is very good at it. Mark, not so much. For some reason being poked and yelled at is not funny to Joe.


Doug and Joseph and I went to Doug's 5-year business school reunion. (Nonna and Pop-pop were kind enough to watch Gianna and Mark.) We took a shuttle to the reunion gala, so this is Joe's first bus ride. He loved it...can't you tell?


I just like this picture of Joseph, I think it looks like him.


We spent an afternoon at the beach. As I've mentioned in the past, I hate the beach. Gasp if you must, but I do. Anyway, having an excuse (Joe) to sit peacefully under an umbrella and to insist that no sand or water get near me "because of the baby" make beach going almost tolerable...almost.


Joe loves being naked...diaper on of course. But I try to let him hang out with no clothes on at least once a day. He just talks and laughs the whole time.

Our church's annual carnival was at the end of June. The kids love it more and more every year. This year they got to enjoy some rides with friends, so that was even better. The weather that night was terrific!
 


Of course, June means the last day of school. Gianna is now truly realizing how much boring stuff (errands, chores, being at home) she got to miss by being at school. A trip to the grocery store (to get just 4 things, mind you) she lamented, "I wish I had school to go to." It could be a long summer. :) I think we have a lot of things to keep the boredom at bay, but I'll keep you posted!




Doug and his kids on Father's day!

Joseph loves the bathtub. No smiles, but I think he would stay here all day if I let him.
 
 
And, for posterity, here's what Doug has termed his "back mustache." Poor Joe lost all of his hair except for this crazy mustache-looking peace on the back of his head. So ridiculous. It's getting better though!
 

No comments: