So I thought that Gianna's bad mood last week was just the effects of her shots, but it lasted for quite a while! Things have gotten better in the last two days, but she was a crazy woman Sunday night. Hopefully this is the beginning of her returning to her old self.
I was reading Dr. Brazleton's Touchpoints book and he described the typical one-year-old as basically full of baby angst: constantly struggling between dependence and independence, frustrated by the many decisions she has to make every day, crying a lot day and night as a result. When I read it early last week I thought, Gee I'm glad Gianna's not like this. Now I'm wondering if she read the book while I wasn't looking! She's been crying out during the night, begging to be held, but then squirming to get down, and throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her way.
BUT, despite these things, she is just getting sweeter and really developing an adorable personality. Our days are also full of spontaneous kisses, running to me to give me hugs, and laughing with glee when I chase her or jump out from hiding from her. Here's a video of her enjoying her slightly deflated Elmo balloon.
1 comment:
Will definitely got more opinionated when he started walking, and he just got another burst of "terrible" when he hit 18 months.
I have an empathy problem (I don't have much of it) but for my child I'm trying to be empathetic. It's clear that he gets incredibly frustrated, and it's ten times worse when he's tired.
Post a Comment