I haven't posted much lately...and there's not been much to say, but nevertheless here's what we've been up to. We've been celebrating my birthday numerous times and taking advantage of babysitters, so that has been nice. Last weekend Doug and I went out to a Japanese steakhouse (a meal I've been craving for months for no apparent reason!) and to see Ghost Town (very enjoyable) while my mom and dad babysat. Apparently, Gianna had a great time at the Cheesecake Factory! Doug was out of town for my actual birthday, which was kind of a bummer, but my parents came over to celebrate and help out with Gianna. Gianna looked especially cute in her jumper (courtesy of Nonna and Pop-pop) that day.
This past weekend was momentous for Doug. He got Lasik surgery on Friday morning and is now glasses- and contacts-free for the first time in over 20 years! He's very excited, but hopes that the light sensitivity he's experiencing gets better. After a good day's rest on Friday, he was ready for a night out with my parents while Aunt Jenny babysat. We had a delightful gourmet French meal! And it was nice to spend time with my parents without Gianna...though we all missed her!
Today, though a holiday, Doug had to work, but Gianna and I got to spend the afternoon with my parents and grandmother, Nana. We had a lovely visit. I think Nana really enjoyed getting to see Gianna toddle all over and play since there's not much room or opporunity for this in the nursing home. Thanks for hosting Mom and Dad (Grandma and Grandpa)!
And on a, "Are you kidding me?!" note...We got a bill for our trip to the urgent care center (see Doctor Drama entry). Luckily, we only owe $50 as a co-pay. But the total cost of the visit was $288. Are you kidding me? It cost $288 to sit in a room for 90 minutes, spend 5 seconds with a doctor, and get prescribed a cream that our pediatrician "wouldn't put on a kid," seriously? Oy!
2 comments:
Lately I've been daydreaming about Lasik. Actually I'm pretty happy with contacts, but every once in a while I think about how it'd be to wake up and be able to see.
We went to a japanese steakhouse for my birthday, too!
Ellen, I saw that you went to a Japanese steakhouse and we'd already planned to go to one for my birthday. I thought it was pretty funny that we had that in common...of all things!
Post a Comment