Sunday, June 24, 2012

Father's Day weekend

Father's Day weekend was super fun. We started with a couple hours at the beach on Saturday. The water was a bit too chilly for swimming. The weather was great; I don't think I've ever set foot on a beach without sweating and that day I didn't. There was even a nice breeze for kite flying. Gianna LOVED the beach; loved the sand, the sandcastles, wading in the water, everything. Mark was asking to go home pretty much right after we arrived. He didn't want to take his shoes off--a little afraid of the sand I think. And he didn't want the water to even touch his feet. It was a little nuts, but he toughed it out for us. After a couple of hours (because Doug and I are not beach people) we were ready for lunch. So we cleaned up (thanks to our neighbors for telling us the trick of dusting the kids with baby powder to get the sand off) and headed to a nearby burrito joint.

The restaurant deserves more commentary than the beach outing. They have the best homemade guacamole and chips and we also had catfish bites in a pineapple dip to start, also awesome. Then we got our burritos which we couldn't come close to finishing. Doug's was a chorizo burrito smothered in a chipotle sauce, it was amazing. Anyway, enough about that.

 
 
 
 
 
 


Father's Day was a relaxing day and we enjoyed some outdoor time with our neighbors and with beers. 
 


This is our neighbor. He's almost 2. The kids love him and he does not know what to make of them. They're all very cute together. 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

EG said...

Great picture of Doug and the kids!