Friday, October 7, 2011

Mark in September

Since the next blog post will be filled with Gianna's birthday adventures, I thought I'd focus on Mark for a bit, even though I'll post his two-year stats in a very short time! He's started going on the potty a little bit. He could probably do better if Mommy tried a little harder, but I just haven't had the perseverance yet. If nothing else, he looks cute sitting on the potty and he likes reading together in there. Fun times.

He's really started talking like crazy in the last few months. He can be tough to understand, but it's been getting better and he has started repeating everything. And even though he can't articulate it very well, I can tell he has his sister's good memory. For example, after his nap the other day, he woke up saying "baby." This was followed by "boo-boo." I asked if the baby had a boo-boo. He said yes. Then he said, "Toe." Then I remembered that a few weeks prior we were chatting with our neighbor whose baby had a hurt toe. I was shocked that he remembered it and managed to convey the memory to me! In unrelated news, here's my post haircut cutie helping me "bake" Gianna's birthday cake.


And his Halloween costume, a dragon, arrived a few weeks ago. He LOVES it! I'm relieved about this, but also annoyed by how often I have to go get it so he can wear it. How cute is this sad little dragon face?! He's definitely a silly little boy. He laughs at everything. He makes mistakes on purpose just to be funny i.e. calling things the wrong color or the wrong animal. And he loves being tickled and rough-housing. We love him to pieces, of course!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cristina said...

He is so cute! That's pretty much Henry's costume too--well the version from two years ago. We're recycling David's old dragon costume :) David is going to be Saint George the dragon slayer :)