Sunday, September 18, 2011

First day of 4-year-old preschool and nun-spotting

Here's our big girl on her first day of preschool in the 4-year-old class. She was SO excited to start school again. I was a little nervous because this year it's all day and three days a week and I was afraid it might be too much for her. But she is loving it. She doesn't even complain about "rest time." This was our conversation on Friday:

G: How many sleeps till school again?
Me: Three, but Daddy won't have to go to work for the next two days (a fact she usually gets VERY excited about)
G: (crying-ish) Nooo! But I want it to just be two sleeps till school again!

I'm so glad she's so happy! And I'm enjoying my time with Mark and my alone time when he naps on school days. Big relief!





And I'm so excited that fall temperatures have arrived. How cute are these kids in their fall clothes? This is a dress that Nonna made for Gianna. I think it is so adorable with the shirt and tights! 

And finally, here is a recent conversation with Gianna that I've told many people, but wanted to document it here for good measure.

Me: (seeing a nun in the grocery store and wondering if Gianna will notice; we watch The Sound of Music a lot)
G: (pointing at the nun and smiling with glee when she spots the nun)
Me: Who is that?
G: It's a nun!!! (laughing incredulously) A nun, in the grocery store?! 
Me: Yep. Nuns have to go grocery shopping just like everyone else. 
G: (very excitedly) Oh boy! My first nun in a grocery store!

I didn't have the heart to tell her it may be her last "nun in a grocery store." Since I'm almost 32 and this was my first "nun in a grocery store" I'm thinking this is not a common occurrence!

No comments: