Friday, October 7, 2011

Gianna's 4th Birthday

Gianna's birthday festivities seemed to last forever, but it was so much fun! She was SO excited about it. But first things first, I must show off my baking skillz. Sorry Gianna, I know it was your birthday and all, but Mommy worked hard and this is my blog so we'll start with me :)
I started by making these cookies for her class at school (this was the day before her birthday since she didn't have school on her birthday).


Then I made this unicorn cake. I FULLY intended to just purchase a unicorn cake, but since I couldn't really find any, I found an online how-to and actually managed to recreate it pretty well, if I do say so myself. And basically, it was unappreciated, because while Gianna enjoyed eating the cake, she didn't seem to really care how cool it looked and kept calling it a pony cake for some reason. Perhaps just to make me crazy, I'm not sure. 
And finally, here's my sweet girl on her birthday. 


We had three friends over for some cake and games. And of course Gianna loved getting some extra presents. 



She got this costume from us. How cute is our Cinderella? 

Mark had to join in the costume-wearing. I happen to think thumb-sucking dragons are the most intimidating, don't you?

Gianna was Cinderella for the rest of the day so she was still wearing the costume when Daddy came home for the rest of her presents. This gift of fairy figures was clearly the day's winner! Wish I got that excited about stuff!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bronwyn James said...

MAD Skillz! Can I commission my child's next birthday cake from you? I'm thinking a dragon. I'll pay shipping. :)

EG said...

What a pretty little Cinderella! And very impressive pony cake!