Monday, January 3, 2011

SNOW!

So the day after Christmas, you may have heard, there was a really big snow storm. It didn’t disappoint! We got about 20 inches of snow. It was nuts. Not really the best for playing in, but Gianna loved it anyway; a major change from last year! I can’t imagine how much she’ll love snow that she can walk in, lay in, and sled on.

She liked pretending that the huge mountain in our front “yard” was a pirate ship and kept yelling “ahoy mateys” to us as we shoveled. Hilarious! And Doug made her both backyard and front yard slides. Mark even went out in it, but given that he cannot walk in real shoes (because we can‘t fit his foot in any shoes), he mostly just stood there until Gianna hit him in the face with a snowball, then he cried.

This picture is just to give you an idea of how much freaking snow we got.

Wading in it.

Very concerned, and quite rightly.
Posted by Picasa
He did like looking at it and being out in it.

Until this started coming his way.

The aftermath (no footage of the direct-to-face hit.)

Here is Gianna sliding down her pirate ship in picture form.
Posted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa
We have about a million videos of her playing in the snow, but I think you’ll get the gist with just one! Here she is transporting and throwing (pretty unsuccessfully) a "crystal snowball." Most of the other videos end with her getting stuck in the snow. Pretty funny. I hope we get at least one more small amount of snow because I think she'll just LOVE being able to really move and play in it. Oh, and because I finally got her some real snow pants.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's a lot of snow!

Bronwyn James said...

That must have been a serious storm! I remember enjoying that kind of snow as a little girl, but all it means for me as an adult is work and cold. Where did the magic go?