So I’m behind in my blogging for sure! Not last week, but the week before, Doug’s sister Jen (Aunt Jenny) and her boyfriend Steve came to visit us. It was so great to have some familiar faces around and Gianna loved having some extra playmates. They went to
On Saturday we all took a short road trip to Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau castles. The weather was a bit misty, but we never needed our umbrellas, which was great. And I must say, the mist added a certain je ne sais quoi to the atmosphere. Neuschwanstein was by far more interesting. It was the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty's castle at Disneyland. But both castles were very cool. Doug and I enjoyed the other castles we’ve seen (Linderhof and Herrenchiemsee) a little better because they were less crowded and less commercial. All in all, we had a great time and were glad to share it with Jen and Steve.
On Sunday we went to the
Jenny and Steve by the lake
Neuschwanstein in the mist (check online for pics of what it really looks like!)
The little yellow building in the background is Hohenschwangau Castle
Gianna and Mommy in the tree house
Gelato insanity
3 comments:
Wow, that is some serious ice cream. It looks like you're having so much fun! We know another couple in another part of Germany and their pictures along with yours make me want to come live there too! So pretty! And those clouds look heavenly compared to the 102 degree 70% humidity we are having here. So glad you're having fun!
So fun! I am sure it was nice to have some familiar faces around.
We had an awesome trip! I will never forget GB screaming "I need a diaper change!" in the English beer garden! Steve and I have been saying that for weeks, even when it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the conversation.
Post a Comment