Thursday, November 13, 2008

Don't mess with Texas


Last weekend our friend Kelly from HBS visited us from Dallas. She is a dear friend and I think Gianna definitely remembered her...and if she didn't, she was won over by her presents. This is where the pink cowboy hat came from. And here's another of her with the box her toy purse came in.


We had a lovely weekend. On Saturday we went to the zoo and Gianna just loved it. We made a point of visiting the bird house because she seems really into birds these days. She loved them and even gave the ducks numerous applause! The highlight for me however was seeing a hippo out of the water and really close up. This was followed by the hippo pooping and using it's little tail to spray the poop at it's admirers. Luckily, Gianna and I got away just in time...I don't think everyone was so lucky!



On Sunday we went to Great Falls. It was the perfect fall day! Gianna loved the leaves and the dogs the most. Here are a few of Gianna enjoying the leaves and a video of her REALLY enjoying the leaves!

Thanks for a great visit, Kelly! And for your photography...especially at Great Falls! We loved getting to see you!
Since I haven't posted in a while I should give an update on what Gianna is doing these days. Napping has become very unpredictable. I won't bore you with the details...let's just say it's a work in progress. That's the only negative though! In the past few weeks, Gianna has begun to sign like crazy. She signs eat, more, change, and drink and she tries to do all the others I show her. "more" is her favorite though...and the only one she does unprompted. She is starting to talk a bit more too. She says nothing very consistently, but she can say mama, dada, balloon, ball, duck, hi, and I think she said cracker yesterday. And yesterday she also added monkey and lion noises to her repertoire. She also loves to dance and "jump" though both feet have yet to leave the ground! It's so much fun to see her learning so much and so fast. We're loving every minute!

2 comments:

EG said...

I was a late joiner in the signing thing, but I realized we needed it for mealtime. He still signs "more" even when he's saying "please."

And a funny animal noise thing: he says "No No No No" for a monkey noise, because at daycare they sing the "No more monkies jumping on the bed" song.

Elizabeth said...

For some reason I couldn't get the video to work...could you double check it, it might just be my computer. I loved the pictures and I can't believe how fast she is growing. Can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving.