I always find it hard to let go of the joy of Christmas and the laziness of school holidays, but this year seemed especially hard. Maybe because Christmas was a blur of guests and illness? Who knows. But taking down the Christmas decorations was sad. And mornings are back to being busy, but the kids are continuing to love school and Joe is a joy even when it's just the two of us. So the new year is looking good so far!
I had a vacuum assistant for Christmas clean-up. I know a lot of little ones that are afraid of the vacuum. Not this kid!
One of my favorite dates with the boys...Costco! I love the shopping at bargain prices and they love the samples and snack bar. It's a win-win! (I mean, could I have cuter shopping companions?!)
One of our Christmas gifts to the kids was tickets to see Wild Kratts Live! It's one of their favorite shows on TV so they had a great time out with Doug for the afternoon. Gianna got all dressed up in her Christmas gift from her Nonna. She looks so grown up, I think, and pretty...despite the missing two front teeth! She lost one just before Christmas and one just after. I was hoping the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus would meet up for cookies on Christmas Eve, but alas, 'twas not meant to be.
This randomness (below) is my latest (and nearly only) creative venture. I bought a similar sign on Etsy (I think maybe I posted about it) for Christmas. It was worth the price, but I wondered if I could create something similar for less. I'm pretty pleased with my efforts. I'm not ready for my own Etsy shop yet, but it's not bad and definitely cheaper. I know Valentine's Day is a ways off, but I wanted to start that one ASAP in case it took me until Valentine's Day to finish it! On a related note, I just finished our wedding album. The 10 year anniversary is the wedding album anniversary right? Maybe I'll post a picture of that when it arrives in the mail.
1 comment:
The banner turned out very cute and you definitely need to post pictures of the album...although I was hoping the tenth anniversary was finally the diamond anniversary....or maybe pearls? Every year Chris tells me he's pretty sure it's cardboard :)
Post a Comment