Let me start this by saying two things: 1) I didn't want to bring a big camera to the beach, so these awful pictures are all from my phone and more importantly 2) we are not beach people. And yet, we live SO close to the beach, we felt we must not deprive the children of the beach experience, so we went for JUST the morning last Sunday. There was a nice ocean breeze and it was still morning, so a very hot day, was actually really pleasant. The kids had a great time. Gianna loved the sand and the surf. She did not like tasting the water, but didn't freak out too much when it happened a few times. We had a great time playing in the waves with her. It was fun to see the ocean for the first time through her eyes. (Isn't it hilarious that at 3.5 years old, she has put her feet in the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico and has even crossed the Atlantic, but has never been in the Atlantic Ocean?) Mark did not really enjoy the water. I think it was a little chilly for him. It was cold for Doug and me too, but I actually got used to it really fast. But Mark LOVED the sand. He loved digging in it, building with it, and pouring it on himself. Unfortunately, they must be their parents children because the moment we were off the beach and I mean one step from the sand, they both wanted every speck to be off of them. The showers did a decent enough job of getting it off before we got to the car, but we were all happy to get thoroughly clean when we got home!

1 comment:
I'm so relieved that someone else is admitting to not be a beach person! Everyone we know - cousins, friends, etc, spends a week at the beach. We did it last year to see if we're beach people. Will was VERY cautious and when I went out further with my brother he stood on the shore and cried, sure I was going to get eaten by a shark. Sam was TERRIFIED. If I approached the water holding him he shook and screamed. Not beach people
Post a Comment