Monday, September 15, 2008

Doctor drama

I was thinking Gianna might have a yeast infection or something like that since she seems quite bothered when I wipe her clean. So I called the advice nurse at her doctor's office. She thought that Gianna be seen by a doctor, but they didn't have any appointments so she suggested I take her to an urgent care place. I took her to one just down the street. We checked in and 12 magazines, 1/3 of a banana, 1 cereal bar, 20 laps around the waiting room, 1/2 an episode of the Price is Right, and 1 hour and 30 minutes later, we finally saw the doctor. She examined Gianna and 5 seconds later gave us the diagnosis of diaper rash. Awesome. I'm so glad I waited. I'm still worried that it's something else, so I will make an appointment for her whenever the pediatrician can squeeze her in. Lesson learned: do NOT go to urgent care unless it's really urgent or after hours. On the plus side for today, Miss Robin spent the afternoon with us and made Gianna's relative grumpiness much easier to handle! Thanks, Robin!

1 comment:

Bronwyn James said...

Um, wow. That sounds miserable. Note to self: Avoid urgent care like the plague. Can I call you instead if something goes wrong? :)