


First things first, Gianna turned one yesterday! We had an extended family party for her on Saturday at my parents' house and I'm not exaggerating when I say it was the best day of her life. We were afraid she might be scared of all the people and the commotion. But, quite the opposite, she seemed to love all of the attention and to understand the day was all about her. She was all smiles and happiness all day. It was wonderful! We are so proud of our little Toot!
Now, let me catch you up on the events of last week. Elizabeth and Isabella arrived on Tuesday morning. We were so excited to see them! And Gianna and Bella seemed to take to each other nicely. On Wednesday morning I got Gianna out of bed after she had thrown up during the night. I didn't think too much of it since she seemed fine otherwise. So we all went to the zoo along with my mom. The girls seemed to like the animals. I, myself, haven't seen so much of the animals before I don't think. The pandas were actually out and playing and we saw an elephant get a bath. Super cute! Thursday we went to music class, which Gianna was slightly more interested in and Bella absolutely loved, and then we spent some time at the mall.
Unfortunately, this marked the end of our fun. Elizabeth, Isabella, and I managed to come down with the same stomach virus that must have affected Gianna. Only Elizabeth and I seemed to take it much worse than our girls! This ruined our plans to spend time with Nick and Nonna and Pop-pop after Nick arrived on Friday evening. Luckily, everyone was feeling better by Saturday so Gianna's party could go off without a hitch. However, Nick and my parents also managed to get sick before the weekend was over. So sorry everyone! But I feel that this has brought us closer together :)
Thanks to all for celebrating with us and special thanks to Elizabeth and Isabella for giving us such a fun visit! We miss you already!
3 comments:
She's eating her cake so carefully. Did she get to dive into it?
We miss you too. I think our posts are almost identical. I am going to upload some video soon of Gianna's eating her cake.
Wow, I guess it's a good thing we didn't see you last week what with that stomach flu and all. I'm glad everyone is feeling better! Happy Birthday to Gianna!
Post a Comment